The Tillamook Rock Lighthouse - ‘Terrible Tilly’ - was completed in 1881 on a rock over a mile off shore of Tillamook Head on the Oregon coast. Sometimes waves crash so high as to completely cover it. It was decommissioned in 1957. After that, it served as a mausoleum for a time, and still houses 31 urns of ashes. These days, it is a favorite of seals and seabirds.
This tiny painting is 2.5 x 3.5 inches, float mounted on a custom painted background in a silver frame, no glass. Outside dimensions are 5 x 6 inches. It is wired for hanging but can be displayed on a small tabletop easel.